AC Maintenance in Mill Creek, Lynnwood, Snohomish, WA and Surrounding Areas
Improve Air Quality and Circulation with AC Maintenance in Mill Creek, WA
AC Maintenance Can Help Improve Efficiency, Air Quality, Air Flow, and Circulation
Being able to regulate the airflow in your home in Mill Creek, WA is a crucial ability to have because it:
- Regulates temperature
- Removes some allergens and impurities
- Helps prevent mold from growing
- Creates a more pleasant breathing atmosphere
Having poor air circulation can endanger you or your loved ones’ health. It’s essential to learn how to circulate air indoors by using several easy techniques. It will help you breathe better and improve your overall well-being. Being able to breathe air that is refreshing and clean is more important than you might think.
So you realize how important it is to improve air circulation in your home. But how do you go about doing it? There are a few simple steps that will dramatically improve the flow of air indoors when added to your regular AC maintenance service.
Creating a space with excellent air circulation can be accomplished by following some simple steps:
- Open Doors and Windows: This is the most prominent and straightforward solution for improving air circulation. Open as many windows as you can inside your dwelling. Open some doors too! Try to create a cross-breeze, where wind enters one window or door and leaves another. A cross-breeze will bring fresh air into the house and will help with bringing down humidity levels and any stale smells that may be lingering in your home.
- Arrange to Have Ducts Cleaned: The air ducts could be holding onto more dirt and debris than you might realize. Cleaning the air ducts improves your air quality, and it will enhance the efficiency of your air conditioning and heating system. It will be less expensive over time and give you the quality air you need to breathe.
- Replace Disposable Filters/Clean Reusable Filters: If you don’t clean or replace your filters, you could experience headaches, fatigue, or respiratory illnesses. You should change out the filters every few months, or any time they appear to be dusty, dirty, or moldy. Remember, this air that comes through the filter is entering your body and coming into your lungs and then exhaled. If it looks like something you wouldn’t want in your body, don’t breathe it in. Get it cleaned or replaced by our professionals in the HVAC industry in Mill Creek, WA.
- Install Exhaust Fans: Exhaust fans can suck up the air that doesn’t need to be in the house, like aerosols in the bathroom when you use hair spray. Or smoke from cooking greasy foods like bacon or hamburgers. These fans can also reduce humidity. Be sure you have an exhaust fan in the kitchen and the bathroom. Have one in the attic too because attic heat can go through the floor and affect the rest of the house if not properly ventilated.
- Run Ceiling Fans and Use Boxed Fans: This does no good if the air is not fresh. But if you have followed all the above, you should be good to go. Turn on that ceiling fan and place a boxed fan in front of a window that keeps getting light cold gusts of wind that you want to travel through the room.
- Reduce Clutter and Clean: Having too much stuff or too much furniture or stuff all over a room can reduce airflow through a place. Rid yourself of anything you don’t need or use. Put things away. Give away things that do you no good and sit around and take up space. Your room will feel fresher and lighter without so much stuff. Clearing clutter also helps reduce the number of allergens, since pet dander, pollen, mold, dust mites, and other pollutants have a tendency of thriving in fabrics and stuff sitting around. Don’t have furniture blocking the windows or doors, and create balance in the rooms.
Having Clean Air is Just as Important as Having Proper Air Circulation
To Improve Air Quality:
- Raise Some Indoor Plants: It’s no secret plants photosynthesize and take in our carbon dioxide and produce oxygen-rich air for us to breathe. Invest in some houseplants and start cleaning that air!
- Switch to LED Lights: LED lights produce the most amount of lumens per watt. It also creates the least amount of heat and reduces the risk of having an accident and a house fire. Because the air around the LED bulb is less warm than a regular light bulb, it may be better for you.
- Limit Contaminant-Causes: Try to reduce the amount of mold or moisture in your house by running the Air Conditioner and using a dehumidifier. Reduce pollen by using suitable filters. A good dehumidifier also acts as an air purifier and can reduce the number of allergens in your home. Regular cleaning can reduce many allergens. Use carpet steam cleaner, sweep and mop often, use a fabric or upholstery steam cleaner and disinfect your floors, counters, doorknobs, surfaces, anything that is touched frequently.
If you need your filters replaced in addition to regular AC Maintenance in Mill Creek, WA, Reach out to us today! Contact us for your heating, cooling, and air quality needs!