A compressor, also called a heat pump, is an integral part of any air conditioning system. For proper cooling of the system, it is very important to keep it in the best condition. It works by compressing the refrigerant gas through the system.
Cost Of Replacement Of Home AC Compressor
Generally, the cost of a home AC compressor is around $1,200. The cost to replace it ranges between $800 and $2,800. The labor and material make up around 50 percent of the final bill. The cost of its parts ranges from $450 to $1,500. Moreover, the cost of labor per hour is about $50 to $150 per hour.
Warranties run from five to twelve years that provide coverage for parts for one or two years from the date of purchase.
A few factors are considered when determining the complete compressor replacement cost:
- The outdoor unit takes more time and money to fix it. As different brands may charge you differently, you may find a price difference of $150 to $250.
- The next factor that can impact the replacement cost is regional pricing. If you look for a good locality, the contractor must be paying a higher price for gas, shop, and insurance. Due to this, he may charge you more than other contractors who do not incur such costs.
- The cost of unit and labor charges are dependent on the area. If you live in major cities, you may need to pay more.
Residential Air Conditioner Compressor Cost by Size
Compressor units come in various sizes. Where a small-sized compressor can cost you about $800 to $1,000, a large-sized (a 5-ton) compressor can be twice or thrice this price. This comprises the price of the compressor unit and the labor involved in its replacement.
Repair Cost Of An AC Compressor
So, here is the repair cost of different parts of a compressor. On average, it comes about $125 to $450. If you have an HVAC, then the cost of repair can be slightly higher. It can range between $150 to $550.
- Circuit board – $170 to $650
- Refrigerant lines – $250 to $600
- Refrigerant leak detection and repair – $230 to $1,600
- Hard start kit -$120 to $330
- Replacing capacitor -$110 to $450
- Compressor leads & lugs -$70 to $250
- Start capacitors -$130 to $450
Repair Cost Of A Leakage In Residential AC Compressor
Identification of leakage may cost you only $200, but its repair cost can run $1,600 or more. It is wise to upgrade an older compressor system that operates r22 to an advanced r240a system.
Cost of Window vs. Central Air Mini-Split Compressor
- Central Air – $350 to $1,700
- Window Unit – $90-$300
- Mini Split – $450-$1,700
Ensure having an expert to replace the AC compressor. We at DVAC Heating & Air LLC provide all kinds of AC related services in a very professional manner. Contact us at (425) 616-3592 and feel free to ask anything regarding AC installation Lynnwood WA.