The functioning of an air conditioner highly depends on the filters that it uses. Has your air conditioner been blowing hot air instead of cold air? Have you been struggling with the flow of less or absolutely no air? A reason for these issues could be clogged filters.
An air filter is made up of spun fiberglass, pleated paper. Its primary role is to clean the air that passes through your air conditioner. Filters capture and contain a variety of particles and pollutants that may be harmful to your health. Some of the most common things that get trapped inside these filters are:
- Dust, dirt, and debris
- Mold and mold spores
- Fibers and lint
- Metal, plaster, or wood particles
- Hair and animal fur
- Bacteria and microorganisms
Why Should We Clean Air Filters?
Clean and debris-free filters are the most important factors to consider about your air conditioner. A clean filter can reduce the energy consumption of your air conditioner by about 5 to 15 percent. The dirt that accumulates itself on filters reduces good quality airflow, making it more difficult for your air conditioner to function. It directly makes your air conditioner work for longer hours to cool down a room. Apart from this, it also reduces the efficiency of your air conditioner.
How Often Should You Clean The Filters of Your Air Conditioner?
Air conditioners require frequent cleaning for their filters. It is advisable to clean your filters at least once a month. However, cleaning them every 2 weeks is the best option to improve the efficiency of your air conditioner. The extensive use of filters in summer seasons might clog them up. It is advisable to clean these filters regularly when the air conditioner runs frequently or for a longer time than usual. A pet owner must change the filters regularly as the fur might get trapped in these filters.
Benefits of Regularly Cleaning The Air Filters:
- Increases the life of the AC unit: Cleaning the air filters regularly can save you money on repairs and even improve the efficiency of your air conditioners. This automatically increases the life of your air conditioning unit.
- Energy efficiency: Dirty filters can make your air conditioner work for longer hours. Frequently cleaning these filters can reduce the time that your air conditioner works for and make it energy efficient. It reduces the work of your air conditioner.
- Better indoor air quality: Clean filters can improve the quality of the air that circulates inside your house. Apart from this, they also reduce various allergies that dirty air can cause.
- Clean ductwork: When it comes to air conditioners, ductwork is crucial. If the filters aren’t clean, a lot of dirt and debris get trapped inside. To avoid this problem, clean your filters regularly.
Looking for AC repair services in Lynnwood, WA? DVAC Heating & Air LLC is the solution for you! Our services range from AC installations to AC contractor services at Lynnwood, WA. Give your air conditioner the repair it needs. Visit our website, DVAC Heating & Air LLC, to find out more, or call us on (425) 403-7988 for the best services.