It is that time of the year again when your furnace becomes your best friend. The furnace is an inseparable part of our lives during winters. Sometimes we might wonder whether our furnace will make it through the winters or leave us cold and uncomfortable mid-way. The furnace is that friend who needs attention!
Since it is a highly active appliance, the furnace needs regular cleaning and maintenance. You might even have to consult a professional for furnace cleaning in Lynnwood, WA. Sometimes, it might show you some signs to indicate that it is time you clean your furnace. Let us look at some of those symptoms that make it clear that your furnace needs cleaning.
Signs it’s Time for a Furnace Clean-Up
If you’re not sure that it’s time for a furnace cleaning, look out for these signs:
- Working on Short Cycles: Your furnace switching on and off frequently is a sure sign of something wrong with it. It might be due to various reasons such as a malfunctioning thermostat, dirty filters, etc. Check the furnace components properly and clean them to avoid this problem.
- Making Strange Noises: Unusual noises are a homeowner’s worst nightmare. If your furnace is making such noises, you might need to clean it. You might hear loud banging noises or whistling noises every time you turn on your furnace. These noises can be due to clogged air filters, dirty burners, or restricted fuel supply.
- Inability to Maintain the Desired Temperature: You might experience inconsistencies in temperature in the house. Some spots might be cooler than others. Cold spots around the house indicate that you need to clean the components of the furnace.
- The Thermostat is not Functioning Properly: Often when you find cold spots in the house, you might try turning up the thermostat. If that does not help, the thermostat is most probably at fault. You must check on it, try troubleshooting it, and if that doesn’t help, you should contact a technician for furnace repair services in Lynnwood, WA.
- Excess Dust Around the House: You must pay attention to your home’s indoor air quality. Dry or dusty air could be a sign that your system needs cleaning. An older furnace, one with clogged air filters or one with a malfunctioning humidifier, could be the cause of deteriorating air quality in the house. If you begin to experience dry skin or allergic symptoms, it is time you should get your furnace cleaned.!
- Carbon Monoxide Emission from the Furnace: This is one of the most alarming signs of a malfunctioning furnace. Check the flame of your furnace’s burner. A yellow flame suggests that the gas or oil is not burning completely, resulting in carbon monoxide emissions.
A carbon monoxide leak is extremely dangerous, as it can result in nausea, fatigue, headaches, or in severe cases even death. So it’s important to protect yourself and your family from this toxic gas.
Need Help? Call Us.
DVAC Heating & Air LLC provides reliable and timely heating maintenance, tune-ups, and furnace repair services in Lynnwood, WA. Just call us on (425) 403-7812 to speak to our qualified professionals and schedule a furnace maintenance service today!